Vibrant Fashion Tips for Ladies over 50s by Benu Bhatnagar
- IWB Post
- August 8, 2014
You might be thinking that updating the wardrobe when you are in your 50s or 60s is not an important job and you can wear anything, just anything because after all who is paying attention to your styling sense? WRONG.
Age has nothing to do with fashion, emphasizes Jaipur based designer Benu Bhatnagar. Benu is not under any age-pressure when she dresses up for her parties, casual evenings or family day outs. She wears clothes she is comfortable in and this exact message is displayed in her own designer collection.
Age comes with lots of problematic areas like waist, arms, around the neck and thighs. We had a chat with her to know few fashion tips for vibrant women over 50s.
“It’s heartbreaking to hear that so many women of my age are now afraid to wear trend-led clothes because of the feeling that society tells them they should ‘dress their age. I want to see women confident in my Jaipur city who don’t have to think twice before wearing their favorite style. But let me tell you few tricky tips to wear clothes that will help you to carry the age in the most gorgeous way.
- First of all, try not to wear tight clothes. They make you look more bulgy as it highlights the problematic areas.
- Ditch the regular salwaar kameez and go for Palazzo pants. This season has lots of prints and colors in Palazzos. Moreover, they will not betray your Indian style.
4. If you only prefer wearing sarees, don’t tie it too down the navel. The stomach waist visibility is a strict no-no. If your biceps have extra fat, try wearing 3/4th or full sleeves blouse. If it is for a party, go for embroidered blouses. I am really impressed with Sabyasachi’s blouse designs.
5. And, of course you can count on black color – the quick rescue.
6. If you absolutely crave color, buy classic red, fuchsia and orange. They always look fashionable for the Indian style-book and brighten mature skin in a classic way.
7. Regarding prints, try not wearing too busy prints. Leave them for the younger generation. They may make us look a bit more eye-grabbing, which is not good.
8. Also, try saying bye-bye to the big prints. Rather go for geometric, florals, block prints. If you want to create a bolder statement, go for animal prints in some kind of accessory.
9. If you want a little sexy look, go for boat necks or open shoulder blouses/kameez. This looks as sensual as the deep neck designs.
10. If you are on a heavy side of body, don’t layer your clothes. An already layered kameez worn with dupatta looks heavy. Ruffles in your blouse will also do the same injustice.
Don’t fear wearing any color. The prime trick is to be confident and remember you are beautiful anyway.”