Try These Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Blackheads
- IWB Post
- September 7, 2015
Blackheads sometimes referred to as “open comedones”, are small dark spots on the skin. A “closed comedo”, on the other hand is a whitehead. What are blackheads? – Well, they’re blocked pores that get filled with keratin, skin debris and sebum – an oily substance.
This is the first stage of pimples of acne, as blackheads can grow to become pimples. They’re not really a health threat, but can be very frustrating as they come up on the most visible part of our body — the face. They can often be found on the nose, which naturally doesn’t look very good. You’ll definitely want to remove them, as soon as you notice them. It’s essential to know how to get rid of blackheads on nose safely and quickly.
Treatments to Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Nose
There is no conventional way to get rid of blackheads, sadly. There are some creams and solutions, but they can only remove the ugly scar left behind. Luckily fantastic home remedies exist that can work wonders on your skin. And the best thing about them is, they’re all natural. As a result, they have no side effects. Today, we’ll give you several remedies that can help you get rid of blackheads.
Egg White Mask
Use egg whites to a mask to treat your pores. Not only will it get rid of blackheads on your nose, it will also prevent future outbreaks. Egg whites are good for your skin, as they’re rich in nutrients.
- A single egg;
- A clean towel;
- A small bowl;
- Some toilet paper or a facial tissue.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white;
- Rinse your face;
- Pat your face to make it dry;
- Apply the egg white on your skin (the layer should be thin);
- Keep the toilet paper or facial tissue on the egg whites and press this gentry on your face;
- Keep it for some time so that the layer can dry;
- Now apply a second layer over the paper or tissue. The tissue or paper shouldn’t slide off;
- Give it more time so that this layer can dry as well;
- You can apply a third layer too — this is optional;
- Your face will feel tight when your mask is dry;
- Peel off the mask, and get rid of any residue;
- Pat yourself dry and apply some moisturizer.
Cinnamon and Honey Strips
This is a real potent combination, as there are many anti-bacterial agents in honey. These agents keep the bacteria which causes acne, away.It will also pull out anything that is clogging the pores. Cinnamon on the other hand improves circulation. This combination will leave you with glowing, healthy, smooth, and blackhead free skin.
- Organic and raw honey;
- Cinnamon powder;
- Clean cotton strips.
- Mix the cinnamon and honey together;
- Apply a layer on your blackhead, but be sure tokeep the layer thin;
- Press some cotton over it;
- Keep it on for three to five minutes;
- Now remove the layer and rinse your face;
- Apply some moisturizer.
Cleansing Sugar Scrub
Sometimes, all you need is some decent exfoliating and moisturizing. What exfoliating does, it removes dead skin cells that clog your pores. As a result, you’ll have improved circulation, as well as glowing skin. Use jojoba oil (as it is), to close the body’s own sebum. Apart from jojoba oil, you can also use olive, grape seed or sweet almond oil.
- Jojoba oil —4 tablespoons;
- White or brown sugar— 1 cup;
- One airtight glass jar;
- Some essential oils — optional.
- Mix the jojoba oil and sugar. Stir it until there are no grains left;
- If you like a fragrance, then add some essential oil to it. A few drops should do the trick;
- Store it in a glass jar, and be sure tokeep it in a dark and cool place
- Stir the mixture before applying it.
- Always apply it on a wet face;
- Massage your skin with circular motions;
- Keep it on for 30 minutes;
- Rinse it off with water;
- Apply moisturizer.
Note:You shouldn’t use the scrub for more than two times a week, as you can cause a skin irritation.
Lemon Juice Scrub
This scrub is great for this problem, as lemon juice contains certain vitamins and nutrients that are really effective against blackheads.
- Lemon juice;
- Rosewater or milk;
- A jar or a bowl.
- Mix the honey, yogurt, salt and lemon juice;
- Now scrub the area affected. Apply the mixture evenly;
- You may also mix rosewater or milk with your lemon juice to make a facial cleanser;
- Apply this every day, for up to 10-12 days.
Green tea is great for our health in many ways. It can improve brain function, help you achieve weight loss, it lowers the risk of various types of cancer, it lowers the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, it improves dental health, and fights type 2 diabetes as well. Green tea is also great against blackheads.
- Green tea leaves;
- A Teaspoon;
- A soft towel or napkin;
- A bowl.
- Keep your dry green tea leaves in a bowl;
- Pour some water on them;
- Mix these two to create a paste
- Rub this paste over the blackheads;
- Keep rubbing for 2 to 3 minutes;
- Rinse off using lukewarm water;
- Pat yourself dry with a soft towel or napkin.
This scrub is going to deep clean your oily skin and unclog all those pores.