SKIN & HAIR CARE TIPS TO ENJOY HOLI BETTER
- IWB Post
- March 15, 2014
As much as we enjoy during Holi, the more we worry about the after-effects of the festival on our skin and hair. Be it a man or woman, everyone is equally worried about the skin allergies. In our older article, we asked you to go organic using natural colors but if still you encounter some chemical color attack, seek this article!
Protect Your Skin
- Apply moisturizer with a good SPF (+30 preferably) all over your body at least 30 minutes before you go out. For sensitive skin – mix 1 tablespoon of coconut, olive and castor oil and apply it all over.
- Bathe with Lukewarm water for easily getting rid of color from body.
- Clean your face with a cleansing milk or lotion with a cotton wool after Holi.
- Try a home remedy – bathe with a mixture of besan and curd to quickly remove the strong colors and get back the shining glow on skin.
- Apply a cooling moisturizer/lotion every hour after you take bath. Keep nourishing the scratched skin from harsh colors.
Protect Your Hair
- Apply warm Olive oil or Coconut oil tonight i.e. a night before Holi.
- Tie your hair into a bun or ponytail so that less dirt goes to the hair roots.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo & apply a rich conditioner (even 2-3 times, if need be) so that your hair’s essential oils are restored.
- While bathing after Holi, you can also wash your hair with soaked fenugreek seeds in four tablespoons of curd. Or apply egg yolk on your scalp and rinse after 30 minutes.
Protect Your Lips
- Lips don’t have their own oil. So keep moisturizing them even when you are out playing Holi else get ready for scratched paining lips.
- Use Lip Tints. Example – Lakme Absolute, Maybelline Fruit Jelly, Revlon Lip Tint. Tints help prevent staining.
- You can also apply SPF based lip balm.
- Or apply olive oil or coconut oil as a base.
Protect Your Nails
1. Hate those pinkish nails after Holi? Apply dark color nail paint so that strong colors don’t damage the nails.
NOTE: Go to a skin doctor if you spot redness or stretchiness even after washing properly.