Presenting 8 Quick Summer LASSI Recipes!
- IWB Post
- June 24, 2015
Because I live in a rental home in Jaipur, cooking isn’t really a thing-to-do in my daily list. I generally rely upon home deliveries from restaurants. And when it is about satisfying my summer-thirst, I can’t think beyond fruit juice or a bottle of coke. Or for that matter, Jaipur’s famous Lassiwallah.
Driving to the shop cutting through the heavy traffic, ordering and finally having letting the lassi touch your lips, consume a lot of time. So why not prepare lassi at home? After a little Googling, I have found quick 2-mints recipes of 8 flavored Lassi. Try them today!
2 to 3 Mangoes, 1 ½ cups Curd, Chopped mint leaves (pudina), Sugar to taste and Ice-cubes.
1. Make a purée of all the ingredients in mixer grinder.
2. Freeze the purée until slushy for about 4 to 6 hours.
3. Transfer it to a blender and liquidize till it is slushy.
4. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
2 cups black grapes, 1 cup fresh low fat curds, 1 cup low fat milk, sugar to taste and ice-cubes.
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer.
2. Serve with ice cubes!
1 ½ cups curds, ½ cup chopped mint leaves (pudina), ½ tsp black salt, sugar, cumin seeds powder (jeera) and ice-cubes.
1. Combine all the ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add ½ cup of water and the ice-cubes and blend again for about 30 seconds.
3. Garnish with mint leaves & serve.
2 cups thick curds, ½ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder, 5 ½ tbsp powdered sugar, pistachio slivers and ice-cubes.
1. Beat all the ingredients in a bowl till smooth.
2. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Pour into 4 individual glasses and serve chilled garnished with pistachio slivers.
1 cup crushed black grapes, 1 cup hung curd, 1 cup milk, powdered sugar and ice cubes.
1. Blend all the ingredients till smooth.
2. Serve cold with ice cubes on top.
2 tbsp cashew nuts (kaju) soaked in water for 10 minutes, 1 cup orange juice, sugar, 1 cup hung curds (chakka dahi),1 cup milk and ice-cubes.
1. Blend all the ingredients into a smooth mixture.
2. Serve cold with ice-cubes.
1 banana , peeled and chopped, 1 apple , peeled and chopped, 1/2 beetroot , finely chopped, 1 cup fresh curds (dahi), 4 tbsp sugar and 1 cup milk
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer till smooth and creamy.
2. In a tall glass add crushed ice and pour in the lassi.
3. Serve chilled.
Alphanso mango pulp, 1 cup fresh thick curds (dahi), 2 tbsp milk, 2 tbsp powdered sugar, 1 tsp dried ginger (soonth) powder, 1/2 tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) powder, 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder, fresh tender tulsi (Indian basil) leaves for garnishing.
1. Combine the curds and mango pulp and whisk well till smooth.
2. Add the sugar and mix well and adjust the consistency with milk.
3. Add ginger powder, jaiphal and cardamom powder and mix well. Serve chilled garnished with fresh tulsi leaves.
Do you have more Lassi recipes? Share in the comments below!