POISONOUS KISS OF COSMETICS!
- IWB Post
- January 17, 2014
It is not new for any of us to be using a skin lightening agents. Be it for a post holiday tan or a pre bridal glow, for removing age spots or post injury marks. Many products available in the Market contain mercury and hydroquinone which pose potential dangers to skin and body, and are even carcinogenic.
There are various safer options to keep glowing!
1. A healthy diet goes a long way as we are what we eat. Always remember to take in your daily doses of antioxidants. Since it is winters, it’s the best time to rejuvenate the skin. There is abundance of beetroot, carrots, oranges which if consumed ritually in the form of juices or salad can work magic on your skin.
2. Vitamin C is a natural skin lightener. Serums and creams containing vitamin C are absolutely safe and also effective when accommodated in diet and works from within. Lemon and gooseberry are rich sources of it and also easily available.
3. Lime juice when rubbed externally as it is or in combination with honey or glycerin is a good option to keep the day to day tan at bay.
4. For sensitive skins, where lime is not well suited, tomato juice is a good option.
5. For the removal of age spots and lentigines removal, a Doctor’s guidance is always advisable.
6. Medicated peels and aesthetic peels have multifaceted benefits. These not only brighten the skin but also have healing and anti ageing properties.
7. Some cases where skin lightening has to be achieved for a particular purpose like a dark patch or a post injury scar…fractional laser can work wonders.
8. Many ingredients that are safe to be used as skin lighteners are: Arbutus, Licorice, Kojic Acid, Vitamin A derivatives.
By: Dr.Bhawna Agarwal
Clinique de Rejuvenation