No buts, tone your butt & abdomen with Priyanka Saini
- IWB Post
- February 28, 2015
Okay, let’s accept it – everyone wants a flat abdomen and a butt that is not bulging out of the pants. Today our Fitness Enthusiast Priyanka Saini will show you 7 simple exercises that you can easily do in your bedroom on your carpet. They are so effective that within 15 days you can see your abs and lower abdomen getting toned.
FOR UPPER ABDOMEN:
- Plank with Glute (hips) Squeeze Lie down, facing the floor. With the help of your forearms and flexed toes, straighten your body. Contract your abs tightly and hold this for 15 seconds. After this, rest by lowering your knees to the ground for five seconds. Repeat this 10 times.
- Rotating Superwoman Simple as it sounds, it can be a little tough in the beginning. But, buckle up! Lie on your back, arms extended overhead and legs straight, tighten your core and raise your shoulders and legs about six inches off the ground. Hold this position for 15 seconds. Then roll onto your belly, keeping your arms and legs off the ground. Hold it for 15 seconds, and then roll back. Repeat 5 times.
- Rock ‘n’ RaiseThis is the Indian ‘Namaste’ done with legs. Lie on your back with your arms straight. Keep the knees pointed outward and soles of your feet touching. Stay in this position while slowing lifting the legs upwards making hips going off the floor. After this, slowly return to start. Do it 15 to 25 times.
FOR LOWER ABDOMEN:
- Side Leg Raise This is the simplest among all. Just lie down on your left side, rest your head on your left arm, and place your right hand on the floor in front of your chest. Straighten the legs and slowly raise the right leg upwards as high as you can. Stay like this for 15 seconds before returning to the starting position. Repeat 5 times.
- Clamshell Similar to previous one, you have to lie on your left side. This time with your hips and knees bent 45 degrees. Put your right leg on top of your left leg and slowly raise your right knee as high as you can without your heels coming apart. Pause, and then return to the starting position. Repeat 5 times.
- Hip Raise
Lie down facing the ceiling with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Press into your heels to raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Stay like that for 15 counts and then slowly get back to the start position. That’s one rep. Do 5 or 6 more reps.
How do you climb a mountain? Do that while facing the floor! Start at the top of the pushup position, with your body forming a straight line from head to heels. Keeping your abs braced, pick up your right foot and slowly bring your right knee toward your left shoulder. Then return to start.
Note: Perform this legs and butt workout twice a week. Starting with the first exercise, slowly complete five reps (it should take about 10 seconds per rep: five up, five down). It will help you lose leg and butt fat.
JWB says: It is not a fight between being slim-trim and calling fat ugly, but our sole focus is to stay in shape! A hanging belly is no scenery, ladies.