MasterChef Shipra Khanna Shares A Children’s Favorite Fruit Tart Recipe
- IWB Post
- September 12, 2017
IWB recently had a fun conversation with the woman who magically transforms everything into mouthwatering dishes.
Yeah, she didn’t spare kids, either! Well, kids, you just got lucky, because the MasterChef shares a slurpilicious, lip-smacking recipe with you all.
Now, who doesn’t like fruit tarts? I’d swallow them up just like our Dogger-in-Chief gobbles up everything.
- 200 gms refined flour
- 170 gms butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground to fine powder
- Cold water, as required
- 1 cup whipped cream (Whisk dessert cream until stiff peaks form)
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup chopped papaya
- 2-3 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped dragon fruit
- 4-5 small marshmallows, chopped
- Put the flour, butter and walnut powder in a bowl and mix your fingertip till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add chilled water, a little at a time and knead to form a dough.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15-18 portions, put each portion into a sling (commercially available) and roll to 1″ thick.
- Press each portion into small tartlet molds, bringing the dough up the sides and slightly above the edge.
- Bake blind in the center of an oven preheated to 200• C for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove the foil and beans.
- Transfer the empty tartlet shells to a wire rack to cool.
- Fill a piping bag with the whipped cream and chill in the refrigerator.
- Fill the tarts with chilled cream and arrange the fruits and marshmallows on top.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
If you’re making it, don’t forget to invite me. Pretty please?