Easy-to-Make Snacks with Deepa Agarwal
- IWB Post
- June 20, 2015
It has been a month since I have joined Jaipur Women Blog. My bond with my fellow colleges from the first day developed over my mouth-watering lunch box. Of course, nothing beats a yummy home cooked meal prepared by a person who loves you unconditionally.
I think it would not be fair to keep these meals bound to my lunch box. In this blog I share some yummy secrets from my Moms kitchen.
VEGETABLE BREAD PIZZA
For all those Pizza lovers who save a piece as their mid-night snack.
- Bread – Four slices
- Tomato Ketchup / Pizza Sauce – as needed
- Onion – One finely chopped
- Tomato – One finely chopped
- Bell Pepper / Capsicum – 1 finely chopped (any colour)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil as needed
- Semolina (Sooji)
- Green chilli
Mix semolina with curd in a bowl with one/third part of chopped vegetables, salt and pepper.
Stir it properly to make the batter.
Spread the batter on the bread slice equally.
Put few drops of oil on the pan.
Toast the bread slice on the heated pan.
Put the chopped vegetables on the bread.
Once the batter turns golden red, your bread pizza is ready.
Slice it in L shape and serve with some ketchup.
Let’s turn the old Maharashtrian kanda poha into a new dish.
- Mashed Potatoes
- ½ cup Poha
- 3 Chopped Green Chilly
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black Pepper Powder
- Oil (to cook)
- Take a bowl, put 1/3 Mashed Potato and 2/3 poha soaked in water.
- Mix them well.
- Put salt and pepper according to taste.
- Keep extra poha in a separate bowl.
- Make tikkis from the mixture.
Coat the tikkis with extra poha.
Heat the oil at 180 degree. Deep-fry until they develop a golden brown color.
Aloo Poha Tikki is ready.
Serve the hot Poha tikkis with some ketchup.
This Aloo Roll Recipe makes a perfect tea-time snack during monsoons.
- 3 to 4 boiled sweet potatoes or regular potatoes, mashed
- Semolina (Sooji)
- 1 onion, finely chopped a small bunch of coriander leaves or parsley
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
Put the filling inside and make the rolls with the help of mashed potatoes.
Coat the rolls into semolina properly.
Heat the oil at 180 degree.
Deep-fry the rolls in the oil.
You can also serve the rolls along with Date Tamarind Chutney or Spicy Tomato Chutney.
Share with us your favorite dish, which makes your mom so special.
P.S. I love you, Mom!!!