13 Pregnancy Milestones You Probably Don’t Know About
- IWB Post
- August 24, 2015
Pregnancy is a series of milestones – the first time you see your baby on a scan, the first time you feel your baby move inside you, and so on.
There are so many ‘firsts’. Netmums has published a list informing women about them. Have a look:
- The first time you get to the end of the day and realise you haven’t thrown up or even felt like throwing up. Yay – result! Where’s my prize?!
- The first time you start sobbing over something completely trivial (like a loo roll ad).
- The first time someone says, ‘Should you really be eating/drinking that?’
- The first time you brush your hair and it looks like half your hair fell out.
- The moment you realise you can no longer see your floof in the shower.
- The first time a complete stranger comes up to you and touches your belly. SO rude!
- The first time your nipples leak.
- The first time you realise you can no longer bend down to put your socks or shoes on.
- The first time you’re forced to buy a bra the size of a small tent with enough support to keep up a sturdy bridge (and it usually only comes in beige).
- The first time you pull on your new maternity jeans and sigh with relief. Ah! Elasticated waistbands – my new best friend!
- The first time you think, ‘What the hell have we done?’ and then instantly feel guilty for thinking it.
- The first time you buy a tube of piles cream. Seriously, don’t we go through enough?! Who invented this whole pregnancy malarkey?!
- The first time it dawns on you that you’re not just pregnant but that you are actually going to give birth to a real life human baby!
Funny but true.
Do you have more to add based on your experience? Let us know!